Thursday, April 14, 2011

Blue Skies Smilin' At Me

Here are some photographs from a recent trip to one of my favorite camping spots, Joshua Tree. Now, I'm a total "concrete jungle" kinda gal but I also love taking time away from the city to turning off my phone (not that we had range anyway) and revel in nature and all it's beauty.

Warning: this post is picture heavy! There was just too much beauty to capture.





"You're my boy, Blue."






Old Mine


It was so great and I love that camping gives you an excuse not to shower for a few days. Ya, I'm a dirty birdy sometimes.

My girlfriends and I spent most of our leisurely time cooking over the open fire (it takes forever to cook that way but proud that us powerful ladies started the fire), sitting in the shade, enjoying good conversation, drinks, smoke, and music (I played some tunes on my ukulele) by the open flame. Man, the smell of wood burning really hits the spot. The weather was a perfect 85 degrees, the spring flowers were in bloom and the skies were smilin' at me. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment