Wednesday, September 14, 2011

5 Things Gals Say That Bug Me by Chelsea Fagan

I recently ranted about how many of us on the Internet and also in real life shorten so many words. It makes us look like valley girls. And not the cool kind from Clueless (although they are more appropriately Beverly Hills girls), but the lame kind from the 80s that features a semi-hot Nicholas Cage (I can't believe I just said that).

Well, one of my new favorite daily reads is called Thought Catalog. And today, an article called 5 Things Gals Say That Bug Me was published talking about a little more than the same subject. Writer Chelsea Fagan lists her 5 all-time worst word peeves with good ol' satire and it just reaffirms my views on our generation's butchering of a language. Isn't English so effed up already? Well, we've effed it up even more and some of us (the smart ones) are annoyed with it. I'll admit, I've been a repeat offender to some of these crimes (like using virtual hearts all the time) but some of these crimes are just plain unacceptable. What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment