Friday, March 25, 2011

Secret Stair Session

So, my dear friend Julia got me this book last year for my birthday. It's called Secret Stairs: A Walking Guide to the Historic Staircases of Los Angeles. And in an effort to be more active, I decided I would visit each staircase listed in the book and document them.  So far, I've been to 4 out of 42.

Here are photos I took with my sister and her gbff (gay-bff) from Staircase(s) no. 31 in Hollywood.   The walk includes landmarks such as Shakespeare's Bridge and a handful of production studios.

Incredible mural at Hoover Park in Silverlake where our hike began.

Super silly, yet fierce these two.



Shakespeare's Bridge.  Outfit: Tweed bead-embellished blazer by Torrid, Red Love Dunks by Nike, Tie-dye circle scarf by American Apparel, Glasses from Venice Beach: The best place to get shades!

Shakespeare's Bridge

After our 2 hr excursion, we treated ourselves to some well-deserved sushi.  Both my sis and Rene tried raw fish for the first time AND liked it.  So proud!

7 comments:

  1. i cannot believe you sat on that thing! the one so far away from the floor! i personally cannot sit on anything where my feet cannot touch the floor. i like the look of your jeans though...i'm obsessed with finding the perfect jeans these days. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I know you ain't hanging off that wall like that for real!! lol Your crazy girl! I love all of your pictures. Very interesting. Kiah

    ReplyDelete
  3. @BB: Yes, it was pretty intimidating. Thought it would make a good photo. I, personally, am afraid of falling backwards. But, I felt like I had control when the photo was taken and that I was being safe. :) As for the jeans, THANKS! I got them at a cheapy yet hip clothing store at my local Westfield Mall. It's the only place I've found so far that has jeans (and pretty much everything they have) that fit me well. I'm sorry but the name of the brand escapes me.

    @Kiah: It wasn't too scary, but I can see why people would be fearful of that. And thanks for the comment. I'm happy you get some enjoyment from my favorite pastime. :)

    Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of you on the staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I wish I lived in Cali, that's so monumental and like epic! Those stair cases are beautiful, sounds like a fun exciting adventure you've just begun! I can't wait to see more :)

    --love, daisy

    ReplyDelete
  6. @classic daisy

    Daisy,

    California is great. But it also must be awesome to live in NYC. There must be so many cool spots in NYC to take pictures of.

    Man, I will visit the big apple some day.

    ReplyDelete